Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One More Semester!

It has been a busy couple of weeks!  That is for sure!  For New Years Eve, Joe and I went to a friend's house in Dekalb for a party which was exhausting, but a lot of fun.  Then that Friday Joe and left for Winter Retreat with our church in Naperville.  We are both high school youth leaders there.  It was definitely an interesting trip!!  I had one of my girls come down with the stomach flu the first night we were there, and our heater wasn't working right, so it sounded like a car was back firing ever 10 minutes, all night long!! Yikes!! We were definitely tired after the weekend!!

I went back to my internship the following Monday, the 5th.  It was very strange to be back after having 2 weeks off...I didn't start school until yesterday, the 13th, so I didn't know what to do with all my free time I had when I didn't have to do reading!!

This last weekend, Joe's parents came from Michigan to come visit us! We had a great time with them! We went out for dinner on Friday 
night and then up to Rockford on Saturday.  They had not been up to see the church where we are getting married, or our reception site, so we showed them around, Mom had lunch for us, we picked out tuxes and took them to dinner at Lino's, the place where we are having our rehearsal dinner.  Despite the blizzard we drove in, we made it home and back. 
 
Yesterday I was back to classes.  I will have another busy semester
but at least its my last semester before Graduation!!  I really like one of my professors, but the other one is definitely keeping my life interesting!!  Is it just me, or does it seem a little strange to be using a workbook when I'm getting my Master's degree??  Lots of reading again of course this semester.  Currently I'm reading "Object Relations Theory and Self Psychology in Social Work Practice."  Sounds thrilling huh?!  I'm getting there...

This weekend, Joe and I are going to register for our wedding which I am really looking forward to.  We are going downtown Chicago to Crate and Barrel to register there and then will do Target too :o)  It is going fast!!  June will be here before we know it!!  Joe and I both have off work on Monday, so we are going to Rockford on Sunday to see the fam and will come back on Monday.  Its always nice to get away, even if it is just for a day.

Not much else for news, Just staying very busy and counting down the days until my graduation and wedding :o)  I can't wait!!  Hopefully everything will fall into place!!

No comments: