Sunday, December 21, 2008

Feeling more like Christmas...

Well we just got back from Iowa today.  It was quite a trip.  We got 9 inches of snow on Thursday night, so Friday we went back and forth if we should head to Iowa or not.  We packed, and unpacked and packed again, and finally decided to try it.  And the way there was a piece of cake.  It was a little slushy but not too bad at all.  We celebrated Christmas with my grandma and on Saturday all my cousins {except for Kathy and Brian} were able to come.  It was soo good to see everyone and smooch up the little ones!  This is Emilia with me and then below is Grace.  It was so nice to be with family and it really made it feel more like Christmas.  

Today we headed back to Rockford again.  I think it was something like -9 degrees out, but felt even colder than that!! Brr!!  But we made it,  It was so windy outside that it was pushing our car all over the road.  But we got home and even got to go out for 
dinner with my Aunt Laurie, Uncle Russ and cousin Jenna tonight.  It was nice to be home again.  Mom and I wrapped Christmas gifts tonight and watched "Yours, Mine & Ours" together, talked about the wedding and planned our shopping trip tomorrow, we're off to Shaumberg for the day for some returns and last minute Christmas shopping.  

It is finally feeling like Christmas, although I don't like the fact that I won't get to see Joe on Christmas, I can't wait until we get to be together next year for Christmas...I think it will feel much more perfect then.

I am so relieved to be half way done with my master's program.  I just found out today that I got an A in my toughest class last semester and I am ecstatic!  4 more classes to go and I'll be all done. I'm just dreading buying my books for this coming semester, they are
so expensive. Last semester I spent over $500 on books and I bought them all on half.com and amazon!!  Wow.  I guess thats where all that Christmas money will be going!! 


I am just so thankful to be home with family.  There really is no place like home.  No place that understands you like your family does.  No one who understands silly outbursts of singing late at night like your family does.  I am so lucky for them.  I'm so glad I am home for Christmas!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

thanks laura :)
that would be hard not to be with joe on christmas, but this is the last yeat EVER that it will have to be that way!! hopefully :)