You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.
Isaiah 26. 3-4
I've been learning a lot about peace this week and its something you may profit from hearing as well. Many times, esp. as a senior in college, I think need to be proactive and plan out my entire life and if I dont have it figured out by the end of the day I freak out. I'm slowly learning to continually give it over to God and then His peace comes over me.
"When we allow the Prince of Peace to govern our lives, peace either immediately or ultimately results. Peace accompanies authority"
"Obedience is always the mark of authentic surrender to God's authority."
" To have peace like a river is to have security and tranquility while meeting many bumps and unexpected turns on life's journey. Peace is submission to a trustworthy Authority, not resignation from activity. " --Beth Moore, Breaking Free.
I have felt over the past semester that this has been God's greatest challenge to me. He's telling me "let me handle your plan, I know what is best for you." And he truely does!! Even tho there are still bumps and unexpected turns along the way...God's peace is upon me and I remind myself daily, out of obedience, to trust Him with my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment